Vancouver Island University offers customized Heavy Equipment Training. We offer instruction at employer sites tailored to your specific needs: refresher courses, advanced or specialized training.
- Relevant work-based training
- Delivery that meets your schedule
- Experienced instructors who are certified in their trade
- Program design and customized delivery to meet your needs
- Training needs assessment
- Worker competency assessment
- Prompt and personalized service
- Train your own in house instructors with Train the Trainer courses
- Specialized in training for the Forestry, Pulp and Paper, Logging and Mining industries
- Evaluation of Equipment Operators
- Preparation to challenge the Crane Operator TQ Exam (for mobile crane, tower crane, self-erecting crane and boom truck.
For anyone serious about pursuing employment in the commercial trucking industry.
Do you want a realistic experience of what a professional truck driver does? Take a weekend drive to the BC Interior and back with our truck, trailer, and instructor. Training will offer exposure to the following:
- Freeway driving
- Dense traffic (Downtown Vancouver)
- Mountainous terrain
- Night driving
- Ferry boarding
- Government weigh scales
- Daily log books
- Vehicle fuelling
Joe Skipsey, Chair
Heavy Equipment Operator Program
Vancouver Island University
900 Fifth Street
Nanaimo, BC V9R 5S5
Crane Training Specialty Services for companies with their own crane
- Rigging & Slinging Training
- Crane Operator Training
- Boom Truck Operator Training
Prices are available on request.