The Information Technology and Applied Systems (ITAS) program prepares students for careers in the design, installation, operation, and administration of network and Internet-based information systems. The program combines rigorous theoretical and technical education with hands-on, project-based learning. Using the most up-to-date curriculum, the ITAS program develops a student's technical skills, as well as teamwork, communications, and project management skills to satisfy industry demands for well-rounded, highly employable technology graduates.
Credit for IT Certifications
Some applicants may already hold industry certifications such as CompTIA's A+®, Security+®, Microsoft's MCSA, MCSE, CISCO, and others. ITAS gives credit for selected IT certifications towards an ITAS diploma. Contact the Department Chair for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
See Program Fees for details regarding current fees.
(All fees are subject to change without prior notice.)
Students must provide their own laptop or desktop computer system. See the note under Program Fees for details
See Admission Requirements for details..
Graduates of the ITAS program will be awarded a Diploma in Information Technology Applied Systems.
Graduates of the ITAS program will be qualified to work for:
- Internet service providers,
- Network design, installation, and support companies,
- Web development and web-hosting companies,
- Private and public educational institutes and training centres,
- Computer retailers and systems integrators,
- Most companies that use computers, computer networks, and the Internet to carry out their business operations.
To become a student in the Information Technology & Applied Systems Program, apply to VIU.