You must have completed either the HVAC program or Level 1 Refrigeration to attend.
Level 2 consists of 180 hours of classroom and shop activities:
- Refrigeration code
- Air measurement tools
- Application of computers in trade
- Transformers, Modulating motors
- Single phase motors
- Three phase motors
- Heat transfer, insulation
- Multi-temp, centrifugal systems
- Food preservation
- Air conditioning fundamentals
- Refrigeration system components
Required textbook: Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Technology (this is the same textbook used in the Foundation Program). You can speak with the Instructor Larry Nohr at (250) 748-4529, Local 3702 or email at Larry.Nohr@viu.ca if you do not have this textbook already.